When it comes to driveway repair or replacement, there are a few factors you need to consider. One of the most critical factors is the state of your driveway. If your driveway in Highlands Ranch is cracked, pitted, or has other damage, then it needs to be repaired. But if it’s severely damaged and the cost of repairing it is more than half of what it would cost to replace it, then you may want to consider replacing your driveway altogether.
Since ABC Asphalt, Inc has been doing this for over 35 years, we know what’s best for you, and in this blog post, we will help you make an informed decision!
When To Get Your Driveway Repaired?
If your driveway is in good shape except for minor cracks and potholes, then you may want to consider fixing it up. The cost of getting it replaced can be prohibitively expensive for many homeowners, so it’s crucial that if you have an old one with some issues but no significant damage, repairing it might be the right choice. Driveways can be fixed with asphalt patching materials.
If you want to get your driveway repaired, make sure that the contractor quotes a price based on square footage before starting work so there’s no confusion about what will happen if repairs don’t go well.
Driveway Repair Pros:
- It is a less expensive option than driveway replacement
- No need to remove the old driveway
- It can take less time than replacement
Driveway Repair Cons:
- May not fix significant damages, such as large cracks or potholes
- It can be challenging to execute
When To Get Your Driveway Replaced?
If your driveway is more than 15 years old, it may be time for a replacement. In addition, if you are experiencing any of the following problems, it’s time to call in a professional for replacement.
- Large Cracks and Potholes
- Heaving or sinking pavement
- Oil or fuel stains
- Worn coat
Driveway Replacement Pros:
- The new driveway will last longer and look better
- It can increase your home’s value if you ever sell it
- It may be required by law in some municipalities
Driveway Replacement Cons:
- It can be costly depending on the size of your driveway and other factors.
- It takes a long to complete the project. Depending on the condition of your driveway and the type of replacement you choose, expect the job to take anywhere from a half-day to several days.
- May require excavation
- If your driveway is surrounded by concrete or other hardscape elements, those will also need to be removed.
Should I Repair or Replace My Driveway?
If you are unsure whether you should repair or replace the driveway, consider the factors given above. If you need to fix minor damage and restore the appearance of your driveway, then repairing is the way to go.
However, if your driveway is severely distressed and the condition is beyond repair, you should opt for a replacement.
Do you need a driveway repair or replacement? If yes, contact ABC Asphalt, Inc in Highlands Ranch today.
We are one of the most trusted companies offering high-quality services at affordable prices. Get a free estimate now!